Tuesday 18 December 2018

North and South Summer Learning Journey Week 1

Activity 2: North and South [4 points]
The country of New Zealand is made up of two main islands – the North Island and the South Island. Approximately 77% of the New Zealand population live in the North Island. Many of these people (including our Summer Learning Journey design team) live in Auckland city. Auckland is a great place to live with lots of amazing parks, beautiful waterways and stunning scenery to enjoy. It is also a busy, vibrant city with many cafes, museums, galleries and theatres to visit. I feel lucky to call Auckland my ‘hometown.’
Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog, describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post.

Here is my Writing about my Hometown.

The refreshing breath of wind waves the vivid green grass
in circular motion around my ankles.  The unpolluted blue sky stings
my eyes as a cloud moves from in front of the steaming hot sun.
This is Ahaura in the summer time.  I pull on my fuzzy socks and a
pair of sneakers and step outside, instantly a deadly feeling of cold hits me.
I tense up and cup my frozen hands around my nose and mouth and
bring warmth to them with a few breaths.  The icy white blanket that Jack
Frost layed out covers the grass stinging my toes even with the warmest layers.
This is Ahaura in the Winter time.

Ahaura my hometown a beautiful countryside village on the West Coast
of the South Island.  Ahaura doesn’t have many attractions but when you look
closely you can see what beauty it really holds.   The river, the dairy, the swingset
, the hut building bushes if you want to know more I guess you will just have to look
closer.

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Ella,

    This is a beautiful description of your hometown, I'm very impressed! You have have used adjectives superbly to explain and describe your hometown, I can picture it all in my head, well done Ella! I've never been to Ahaura before but I went to Greymouth when I was around 6 years old. I don't remember too much of the trip though. I would love to visit your hometown, it sounds like such a nice and cosy place to spend time with friends and family! The next time I visit your hometown I will definitely make sure I take a moment to really admire the scenery and beauty there as you have suggested. You have done an amazing job on this activity, I definitely am convinced I want to put your hometown on my bucket list! What places are on your bucket list? What is your absolute favourite thing to do in Ahaura?

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    Amazing work!
    I like to see my fellow Kiwis doing the summer learning journey.
    Please comment on my blog at
    https://wpssamuelh.blogspot.com/
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Ella!

    Kia Orana my name is Leilani , I go to Point England School located in Auckland , New Zealand!

    Wow your such a great writer! The details you have put in your writing about your hometown is fantastic! My favourite parts are how you wrote out how you feel in Summer and Winter on normal days.

    I have never been to South Island and I have never heard of Ahaura! What is it like? What is your favourite thing to do? One day I would enjoy visiting Ahaura or another place in South Island.

    Any how , your doing such a fantastic job and blogging! Keep up the great work.

    Kind Regards
    Leilani :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha,
    my name is Zephaniah and I am a part of doing the SLJ aswell as you are. I see that you have completed much of the activities. Tino pai! I loved reading your story about your lovely hometown. It was nice to know where you have come from, I've never heard about this place before.

    Nga mihi,
    -Zephaniah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ella,

    What an amazing blog post from you. It's Mele again from Panmure Bridge School. I loved commenting and reading on your SLJ activities. You have used amazing and strong words for you hometown description. Well Done!

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.