Tuesday 18 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey! Day 2

Activity 3: Weird and Wonderful [10 points]
New Zealand is just one of many countries that has amazing plants and trees. In fact, the African desert is home to some pretty incredible plants, like the cactus. Some cacti are able to survive on as little as 3 millilitres (ml) of water a day. Wow!
Let’s imagine that you are given a cactus for your birthday. To keep it alive, you must give it 3 ml of water every day.
Over one full year, how much water will you need to give your cactus plant?
On your blog, tell us how to solve this maths problem. You can write your answer in words, use a Sketchpad image, or post a video explaining how you would figure it out. Be sure to give us your final answer in millilitres (ml).

I worked out this equation using my head and multiplication here is my simple method!
I multiplied the number of water the cactus needs per day by the number of days in a year!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Ella, Alex here, again. You did a great job! Did it take you long to figure out the question? Maybe you could make you writing a little bigger to match the summer learning journey writing.
    Kind regards
    -Alex :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ella,

    Excellent work, you've done a fantastic job of explaining how you got your answer, I'm very impressed! Well done for following instructions and giving your final answer in millilitres. Do you think you would like to receive a cactus plant for your birthday? I used to have a baby cactus plant when I was younger and it was so cute but very prickly so I had to be careful!

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ella,

    What an outstanding blog post from you. I enjoyed reading about this activity. I used exactly the same formula as you. I also got the same answer as you, which was 1095 ml. Nice way to share your digital learning.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Orana Ella,

    GReat Work! Your work is getting better and better each time you post which is great to see. Are you a pro at maths? Because I can see that your post is similar to a lot of bloggers but from the ones I've seen you and a friend of mine has done it on paper, which is really cool. I think you have done an excellent job and I can't wait to see more from you soon.

    Your maths skills are super amazing, so keep up the great work and I am looking forward to seeing more soon.

    What did you like about this activity?

    From,
    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.