Monday 18 December 2017

#5 Summer Learning Journey


This Summer my school (Awahono School) are taking part in the Summer Learning Journey, where each week we get assigned three activities to complete and then to put on our blogs.  Activity information down below--



Activity 2: The Rules of Engagement
During the early years in New Zealand, men and women would often marry at a young age. Women were expected to have babies and remain in the home caring for their children. Few, if any, left home in search of work. Men, on the other hand, were expected to work outside of the home.

These days, we don’t have the same strict expectations about work. Girls and boys can choose their own path in life. In fact, I was lucky enough to go to university and to follow my dream of becoming a teacher!

Task: What is your dream job? Draw a picture of yourself doing your dream job and post it on your blog. You could be a doctor, an actor or even a zookeeper! I have drawn myself taking a picture of a beautiful castle in Poland because I would love to become a travel blogger and photographer one day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ella

    You would make a really good teacher! I just love the picture!
    Would you like to teach little kids or do you think maybe the older students?
    Do you think it would be different teaching at Awahono school rather than a school in Christchurch?
    What would your favourite subject to teach be?
    I work in a school in Greymouth and I really like reading and writing.
    I'm sure you are a very big help to your teacher at school.

    Well Done Ella

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.