Monday 18 December 2017

#6 Summer Learning Journey


This Summer my school (Awahono School) are taking part in the Summer Learning Journey, where each week we get assigned three activities to complete and then to put on our blogs.  Activity information down below--

Back in the 1800s, most Māori ate a simple diet. They ate foods that they could catch in the water (eg. fish) or grow on the land (eg. kumara). They did not have access to a supermarket to buy food for their meals! Speaking of meals, what is your favourite meal? Mine is wood-fired pizza. Yum!

Task: On your blog, post a picture of your favourite meal. Be sure to tell us what it is and why it is your favourite. You could also include the recipe if you have it so that we can all try it!


My favourite food is Kiwiana trifle AKA New Zealand trifle.
Image result for kiwiana trifle
Recipe:

  • 12 lamingtons
  • 1 packet of berry jelly.
  • Dashing of sweet or medium sweet Sherry
  • 410g can of boysenberries with juice
  • 600 ml carton prepared custard or homemade
  • Quartered cherries 10

  • To Garnish
  • Strawberries
  • Whipped cream as much as ya like
  • ¼ cup grated chocolate

METHOD

          Quarter lamington and place in the base and sides of a large serving bowl.


  • Pour over the Sherry.
  • Pour the unset jelly over this
  • Spread the boysenberries on top.
  • Spread the custard evenly over the fruit and sponge.
  • Top with all of the whipped cream
  • Decorate with grated chocolate
  • And top with a few sliced strawberries and mint leaves for decoration.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ella

    YUM! Yes good old trifle is very yummy. It is always a favourite and especially at Christmas time.
    Why is this your favourite?
    I'm more of a savoury person. I make a really nice potato salad. I think it is really yummy and my family really like it too.
    I also make a good pavlova and I like that I can put lots of strawberries on it this time of year.

    Make sure you complete each task fully when you are doing them. You need to tell me why you like this trifle so much! I look forward to hearing you answer.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ella!

    My name is Ellee and I am another part of the Summer Learning Journey crew blogging with you over the summer!

    This trifle looks delicious...I am not going to lie though, I have never tried a trifle in my life! I must be really missing out if it's your favourite?
    Can you make them differently each time adding whatever you want?
    Is there a particular way you make yours?

    I'd love to hear more about this trifle. I think I might have to give it a go sometime. Let me know what is the best combination and I'll make sure I make it that way when I try it.

    Keep up the awesome work with your blog Ella...I'll be waiting on your expert trifle recommendations!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.